Thursday, February 2, 2017

Interview with Jennifer Miles

The best part of the Auburn Stake humanitarian project isn't a blanket; it's most definitely the people. The people we serve and the people with whom we get to serve. Today we get to learn a little more about one of our volunteers, Jennifer Miles, newly called into the Stake Relief Society Presidency this past month.

Jennifer has been participating with Sew Much Love since it first began! She learned to sew through 4-H when she was 8 years old and continued learning in Home Economics in high school. Sister Barrett started a sewing class in her ward, and that's how Jennifer learned how to piece a quilt. Typically when she comes to our Tuesday service days, Jennifer works on tying quilts and our Days for Girls project (the project where we make hygiene kits for girls in countries where feminine hygiene products are hard to come by). 

Jennifer says that she loves to come to Sew Much Love because she loves getting to know the sisters in the Stake. She says, "I love spirit that I feel when I'm there and I choose to go because I love that I can contribute a small amount of my time along with the other sisters in the Stake in a great effort that helps and blesses the individuals in our community and the world."

Jennifer's favorite scripture about service is Alma 37:6, which reads, "Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise."

We are sure grateful for Jennifer, her testimony, and the small and simple ways that she serves with us at Sew Much Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment